Lumos Law was created by and for lawyers who wouldn’t usually consider spending their careers at a law firm. We’ve each chosen to be here for similar reasons:
- We want constant learning and variety
- We have an unusually strong need to innovate and to work with other innovators
- We are impatient with the limits found in most corporate environments
- We want to spend our time with people who are extraordinarily sharp, resourceful, dedicated and kind
We are a boutique firm with a clear focus: we work with clients in the tech and online space. We enjoy a breadth and freedom of practice that only outside counsel can have, while working in an environment that’s far more “in-house” than “indentured servant.” (Or for anyone who prefers their periods after their quotation marks, “indentured servant”.)
We’re growing fast and turning away new clients we’d love to take on. Our attorneys handle a wide variety of transactions at the cutting edge of law and technology, including agreements for SaaS services, ad tech platforms and other online monetization, big data, licensing and software development.
- Eight or more years as a practicing attorney
- In-house experience
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements for internet and/or technology companies
- High-quality credentials
- References that give you their highest praise
- Enthusiasm for writing in plain English
- A high level of comfort with continuous change
- Residence in the Los Angeles area and membership in the California bar
Salary and other compensation depend on experience and are on par with comparable in-house roles. We provide medical and disability coverage, a retirement plan with matching, flexible vacation, a well-stocked kitchen and a terrific team of supportive colleagues. We will consider part-time schedules for the right candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer.
If you want a walnut-paneled office and like to put “Esq.” after your name, this is not the job for you.
If you wonder whether you should have gotten an MBA and wish you were doing something entrepreneurial, you’ve found the right place.